Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Q&A

This is to answer some commonly questions.
-_-_-_-_-
Q: Why are you going to Japan?
A: Study Abroad.

Q: What are you going to Study?
A: Japanese.

Q: How long are you planning on being there?
A: 16 months.

Q: Why do you want to learn Japanese?
A: I have a large number of reasons, one of them being so that I can study about Japan without needing documents from Japan translated for me. I have a couple others, but with nothing set in stone, I would rather keep those to myself.

Q: Why do you want to learn about Japan?
A: Because it's the Asian country we have the most contact with, and yet we (the schools I went to) barely studied Asia at all, especially compared to Africa, Europe, and America.

Q: If you love Japan so much, why do you have so many issues with Anime?
A: Because they're all so similar and people who watch them can be very annoying about it (if you're offended by that, then you're probably one of those people). That is to say, it's fine to like anime, just like it's fine to like SpongeBob, but the second you start wearing Naruto headbands, you've gone too far.

Q: Do you think Japanese people will comment on your height?
A: Probably not to my face.

Q: Don't they eat dogs and cats in Japan?
A: No, but some Asian countries do.

Q: Have you ever been to Japan?
A: Yes, last May, for 2 weeks.

Q: What do you like best about Japan?
A: The food. Specifically: Hiroshima Okonomiyaki.

Q: What do you hate about Japan?
A: Nihonjinron.

Q: Do you believe in Ninjas?
A: To a degree. If you're only interested in Japan for this reason, I recommend SKH Quest. Click the "Schools" tab check out their locations.
-_-_-_-_-
If anyone has any questions that I didn't answer (regardless of whether you think they're silly or not), email them to PrinceAriketh(at)gmail.com. I'll answer them in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment