Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Useful Links

Here is a rundown of useful sites and some content that is on them.

Wakan - I used it for a class when I had to type some journals in Japanese. I never tried to learn words from it's dictionary like some of my friends did, but it is useful if you want to know how to say like for a sentence such as: I like Strawberries - わたしはいちごがすきです。

Tofugu - Good site for Japanese language and culture. Teaches you how to be polite and rude, and he recently talked about some Free Japanese Courses.

Gimmeabreakman - Great guy to go to for lots of Japanese language and culture videos. He's the first person I started watching on YouTube who was actually helpful with learning Japanese and about Japan in general. I highly suggest you take notes if you're serious about learning Japanese. Also check out his website Gimmeabreakman.com.

Oborogin - He's really useful for people learning Japanese. I have to agree that you should learn the verbs before anything else. He's awesome for beginners who know nothing about Japanese. He's also really good for review if you haven't studied Japanese in a while.

Katexgg - She reviews what she learned in class and teaches it to us. Since she's learning with you, it's easy to follow along.

Hikosaemon - An amazing vlogger. Definitely someone to check out if you're interested in Japan at all. He posts videos weekly, which is pretty amazing if you ask me, because I have issues posting videos monthly. Maybe one day I'll learn his secret.

Cruxay - I watch his videos when he posts them. He's lazy, like me, and doesn't post videos too often. But when he does, they're really good.

ElevenColors - Cool vlogger. He does everything from showing you how to use Japanese salad dressing to Japanese tongue twisters. He's pretty big on Japanese bands too.

Also, a good way to practice your listening and getting used to picking out words is by watching TV Shows and listening to music. I don't advise you to learn Japanese that way, but to each their own. Though, you should note that it will sound weird to a Japanese person if you talk like an anime character. As Tofugu pointed out once, we wouldn't want them learning English from Goofy.

No comments:

Post a Comment