Thursday, May 21, 2009

Classes

So Midterms are happening. I have 3 projects and received a take home midterm today. Actually, I realized I haven't told you my classes yet. So here is a quick rundown for you. Each class lasts for 1 hour and 30 minutes, and I am taking 9 total, which translates to 18 hours of credit at my University. Kendall is taking 3 classes, which is equal to 6 hours of credit (he is taking the same Japanese Language classes as me).

Monday
- Japanese Language

Tuesday
- Psycholinguistics
- What is Religion?
- Japanese Language

Wednesday
- Japanese Language

Thursday
- English Grammar
- Politics and Foreign Relations of Japan
- Peace & Human Rights

Friday
- Linguistics

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

- Japanese Language: I continue learning the Japanese Language. I have 3 of these classes a week (A, B, and C - all the same level, but different teacher).

- Psycholinguistics: This class is about how people learn languages, and mathmatical formulas that are used for people learning the language to help define how difficult each language is to learn. This class is mostly in Japanese.

- What is Religion?: A class about studying the philisophical properties of religion and emotion. So far, I have learned about how we need to be at one in body and mind, both masuculine and feminine in our thoughts, and how God is complete, but not perfect, and you must accept "evil," rather than trying to hide it, or else it will come bursting forth suddenly. Basically: do not deny or resist evil, just learn to control it. Does that make sense?

- English Grammar: This class is mostly because I wanted to meet people and help them with their English. I also wanted to see how Japanese people teach English so that I can understand what Japanese people are use to.

- Politics and Foreign Relations of Japan: I wanted a basic understanding of Japanese politics and laws, and how they interact with the world.

- Peace & Human Rights: I heard it was a good class, and it seems to help me understand Japanese people and culture better.

- Linguistics: Mostly to help me figure out how to break down a language... It is surprisingly very helpful. I expected it to not actually work out the way I was hoping, but it causes languages to make more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment