Wednesday, May 6, 2009

On My Mind

(Written: Saturday, May 2, 2009 at 7:07pm on Facebook via Mobile)

I just got my new glasses. They are nice. Black frames instead of silver. I will post a picture later. But now on to the main point of this post.

I have had a lot of people asking if I am home sick or suggesting that I am because I am trying to make friends or find people to hang out with or things to do. It was silly at first, but now it is just annoying. There is an American here who reminds me daily why I hate America.

Which leads me into my next topic: The American. He can be funny and is occasionally fun to hang out with, but he does not understand how to hold his tongue. He will call me a Creepy American. A lot. It does not help in the meeting people process.

But today, he did something that trumps all: he started telling me that his friends think I am creepy. Now, what bugs me is that he tries to justify them being ok with saying that. “Well, you know it is true.” If a fat lady knows she is fat, should you bring it up constantly? Should you tell her that people she has never met think that too? It just reminds me why I hate America.

Which brings me back to point one: I want to make friends, but when I try, people accuse me of homesickness.

So, there is a good reason why I am having issues and end up depressed sometimes.

Some other random things that annoy me are his use of “Nya” and other general American-Otaku words, and the fact that if would rather spend his time reading Manga than exploring Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment