Sunday, December 6, 2009

Re: Irrelevant Crap: Dreams

Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 9:58pm
This is a blog response to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4ED8CZXwk0

When I was a kid, my dream was to be a Paleontologist, in part because of Jurassic Park. I love that movie, even to this day. Sure, it doesn't give dinos a good rep, but it makes them seem sorta beautiful, in a way. I continued to want that for many years, and still do to some extent. The idea of discovering lost creatures...something about it just seems magical to me.

Next, I wanted to be an actor. A comedic actor, to be specific. However, school didn't really promote that sort of thing, and I only got to work with comedy a few times. After that, I always had to play weird, stupid roles. I eventually got sick of it (since I couldn't turn them down - they were "assignments"), and decided that acting wasn't for me if I had to take roles I didn't want/like. I still enjoy acting and being comedic from time to time, but I doubt I will ever make a living doing it. Justin Guy is a great straight man, though.

Back in 5th grade, I started working on video game ideas I had been having for a while. Nothing too special, just writing them down and fleshing them out from time to time. I continued coming up with them for years, but I haven't done much with them yet, to be quite honest. Even when I mess around with making video games now, I never use those ideas, because I don't think I could be satisfied with it at my current ability, and with my current resources. My ultimate dream, back in 5th grade, was to work for Sega in Japan. I do work for a game company (Kemco) in Japan, so I am halfway there, in a sense.

Some dreams have been fulfilled though. I wanted to visit Japan for a long time, and I did back in 2008. I enjoyed the bit of time I spent here, so I thought that living here might be fun. 2009, mission accomplished. Now...I want to start my own video game company. Maybe it will become official in 2010? I am already working on my own personal games, so I am halfway to making that dream come true.

A couple of small dreams I have involve reading The Tale of Genji in Japanese and visiting the 88 Temples alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment