Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Likes and Dislikes

(Written April 16th, 2009)

A quick rundown of things I enjoy doing.

- Going to Q for Okonomiyaki, Hiroshima-Style.

- Riding my bike around to random spots, then sitting and watching the clouds go by.

- Going to a vending machine to get a cold drink without having to get off my bike or even deal with people.

- Sitting in my bathtub for hours, surfing the net on my (waterproof) cellphone.

- Waking up to see what people have emailed me about or commented on (via my phone).

Though I have run into some things I do not like, mainly people staring at me, but being a 6'5" gaikokujin with long curly hair does not help. Especially someone like me, who is naturally scary-looking (so I've been told).

On the plus side, the little kids here like me and I am very memorable. So maybe I will make it out ok. Assuming I try to get out. I may just stay. Who knows.

I have an apartment, I bought all my appliences, I have a cellphone, but I am still working on getting a job.

I do not feel like my Japanese is improving, but that is probably not true. I am happier here, though. And the worlds problems seem less important here - probably because I do not have internet or watch the news too much anymore. When I do see the news, though, it is always taking about Obama.

By the way, I am writing this on a piece of paper in Q. I will be getting my usual (Specialty A, Udon) soon though, so I am going to end this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment