Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lake Party

(Written: April 25th, 2009 @ 4:00am)

I went to the Lake Party and made a lot of friends. I arrived with Kendall, Katsu, and one of his Kohai (Azu) - who was even better at English than Katsu. I was forced to wait for the party to start before I could start drinking. After talking to a few people, I finally found one very interesting Japanese girl (Take) and talked to her for at least 2 hours. She had heard about me from one of her friends. Kendall occasionally popped in, but for the mostpart, me and her talked alone, which was nice because it was the first person I got to talk to for a long period of time who wasn't an American or assigned to work with me. She was pretty much fluent - and was happy to finally meet someone who was willing to talk to her in English, since most of the Gaikokujin want to talk in Japanese.

It started raining pretty hard, so she decided to go home since it wasn't getting any better, as did the majority of the people. I stayed for a bit longer, until only a handful were left. We made our way back (Makiko, Kendall, Bob, some asian guy, and Nate). Bob went to his dorm, Nate had to be helped to his dorm, Kendall rode home on his bike, and Makiko hugged me goodnight at her apartment - which was weird, until I realized just how drunk she was (Japanese people are not very touchy, normally).

I also met Lee, who was pretty awesome and friends with Bob. Bob was pretty kickass, and kept yelling at people to get their "arses back here." I got to watch Kazu (not Katsu) get totally wasted, and realized just light Japanese alcohol was - and how light all of these students were.

Anyway, after saying goodnight to everyone - the last being Makiko, because her apartment was on the way back to mine - I rushed home on my bike while the freezing rain slapped my face, ran in, threw off my soaking wet and ice cold clothes, ran a hot bath, and sat in it for a bit while I warmed up. (I got home about 3am, btw) I talked to Makiko a bit more, who told me to take care and not get sick (because we were both soaking wet by the time we got to her apartment) before falling asleep.

I got out of the bath and am now laying in bed, fairly warm. Hopefully, I will not get a cold.

*Note: I did not get a cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment